Common Fault Analysis of Radar Level Meter
Radar level meter is widely used in industrial production. It has the advantages of small detection blind zone, high measurement accuracy, little influence by medium properties, wide measurement range, high temperature and high pressure resistance, and no direct contact with medium.
Radar level meter are suitable for detecting liquid levels in special environments, and have good performance in high temperature, high pressure, sour liquid, foam, steam and other environments. However, if used improperly, there will also be failures, and it will be troublesome to maintain.
The cost of the radar level meter is not low, so it is necessary for us to understand the use and maintenance methods of the radar level gauge. Today, Q&T will introduce you the solutions to common faults of radar level meters.
1. Whether the power supply is stable. If it is found that the reading of the radar level gauge is very slow after the liquid level rises to a certain value, you should immediately check whether the power supply of the radar level gauge is normal, and special personnel are required to maintain the instrument. Check the power status of the radar level gauge in detail to see if it can output normally after power on. If the reading liquid level changes slowly or does not change at all, check whether the fuse of the device is blown. If there is no current output, it can basically be judged that there is a problem with the instrument, and it should be replaced or repaired according to the situation. In addition, the debugging management of the instrument should be strengthened to prevent production from being affected by inaccurate instrument parameters.
2. Check whether the radar communication is normal. Once the communication signal is found to be abnormal, the radar debugging software can be used to test the data and detect the status of the sensor. The main check is whether the sensor signal can accurately identify reflected echoes and false echoes. If it is due to communication equipment failure or component failure, parts need to be replaced. Therefore, in daily industrial use, it is also necessary for the staff to frequently detect the radar signal, and it is necessary to configure the radar signal debugging software.
3. Whether the working temperature of the equipment is normal. The operating temperature of the radar level gauge is limited. The temperature of the equipment and the external environment should not be too high. Generally, the internal temperature of the equipment should be kept within 50°. When the radar level gauge encounters special environments such as high temperature, high pressure, and sour liquid, it is necessary to choose a radar level gauge with a special material shell, so the operating temperature of the equipment will not exceed 50°under normal circumstances. If the temperature is higher than 50°, do not use water to cool down, as this will damage electronic components, and use a hair dryer to cool down.
4. Whether the digital display is accurate. The radar level gauge will display inaccurate numbers, which is usually caused by power failure before the data is stored, and needs to be rechecked, reset and calibrated. If the alarm persists after rechecking and recalibration, it is time to replace the electronic module within the unit.
5. Whether the antenna is polluted by medium. This should consider whether there is a liquid medium in the use environment of the radar level gauge. The treatment method is to cut off the power supply, wear protective clothing (protective clothing is required in the case of corrosive and toxic media), and use a rag to remove pollution. Care should also be taken to protect the antenna from damage.